How to Get Rid of Upper Lip Wrinkles
Those tiny lines & wrinkles above your lips can look ruin your look, especially when lipstick bleeds into them, not to mention they also make you look older. Here are some tips to soften those pesky upper-lip wrinkles.
Upper-lip wrinkles are commonly called smoker’s lines, even though many people who have them have never smoked. They tend to be more prominent in people who pucker their lips frequently, drink from straws, or chew gum, because these types of movements crease the skin and deepen such lines.
Here’s how to fight them:
• If your upper lip wrinkles are very fine or you’re just starting to notice them, try using a makeup primer to make them look less obvious. Primers usually contain dimethicone to smooth over and fill in skin irregularities, kind of like spackle. A model friend of mine swears by L’Oréal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base.
• Use a lip liner in a shade that matches your natural lip color, then apply lipstick or gloss. Or try a liner like Lipstick Queen Invisible Lip Liner to keep lip color in place.
• Doctors often treat deeper lip wrinkles with injectable filler. Restylane and Juvederm can be lumpy in some cases, so a new injectable, Belotero can be used since it’s softer and gives a smoother result.
A recent study comparing the three fillers showed that Belotero integrates between the collagen fibers, while the others clump. For those who also desire some lip plumping, a bit of filler placed in the pink part of the lip can provide support and help resist wrinkling without looking too puffy.
• A few drops of Botox, injected right at the lip line, can help relax the puckering muscles. This must be done carefully by a skilled doctor, or it could affect your ability to eat or speak.
• Deeper wrinkles may require laser treatments or chemical peels. For the best results, it is recommend to do injectables first, followed by a resurfacing procedure. This way the new skin heals in more smoothly.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!