Natural Summer Makeup Tips
New York-based makeup artist Katey Denno’s client roster reads like a who’s who of Hollywood. From Amanda Seyfried and Isla Fisher to Olivia Wilde and Gwyneth Paltrow, her beautifying hands have graced just about every top starlet’s face—and she shows no signs of slowing down.
In addition to her celebrity work, she also maintains an awesome blog called The Beauty of It Is. An earth-friendly beauty advocate, Denno is a big fan of Burt’s Bee’s products, too.
To ring in the Summer Solstice, Denno shared some of her fuss-free tips for looking naturally gorgeous while taking in the season’s welcomed rays.
1. Hydrate your skin. “After a long day at the beach, it’s a good idea to make sure you really moisturize your lips before heading to dinner. Instead of opting for a drying lipstick, try a really hydrating lip balm with just enough color to complement your new glow, like Burt’s Bee’s Tinted Lip balms.”
2. Less is more. “Lazy summer days call for a relaxed attitude with makeup. Swipe on a sheer lip gloss and you’re ready to head out the door.”
3. Ditch foundation. “Summer weather calls for a lighter moisturizer. Apply a hydrating toning mist, or a super-sheer moisturizer only on the parts of your face that feel dry after washing. It may be all you need, especially if you’re reaching for sunscreen.”
4. Stay neutral. “A nude or neutral pout really complements a beachy tan. Start with a few swipes of a lip shimmer, and top with a light glossing of a barely-there lip shine.”
5. Say sayonara to powder. “This is the perfect time to try a cream blush. There are a number of wonderful natural brands taking the market by storm that offer the textures and colors that are on trend and perfect for this time of year. Try a bright pink or an electric coral on the apples of your cheeks, paired with mascara and a sheer lip for the perfect summer look.”
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!