How To Fake an Eye Lift
Eye Lift ? Guess what? You can DIY it! You don’t need to be a celebrity makeup artist to achieve a more youthful appearance. We have some super tips and tricks to brighten (and lift) your eyes with tools you likely already have in your makeup bag. Read on to learn how …
1. Groom those eyebrows. Your eyebrows frame your eyes and can either age you quickly or turn back the hands of time. When shaping your eyebrows, aim for volume. Thick eyebrows are a sign of youth — just make sure they are neat and tidy. Create a natural shape by tweezing away and trimming any unruly hairs and use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any sparse areas. Check out this easy-to-follow tutorial by Naomi Torres.
2. Combat lines and wrinkles. Silicone-based serums sink-in to fine lines around the eyes, smoothing them out and creating a great primer for makeup. To plump up slightly deeper wrinkles, try a product that contains hyaluronic acid – it’s known for hydrating and therefore softening unwanted wrinkles. The effect is only temporary, however.
3. Use eye shadow to de-age eyes. Experts suggest swiping a light eye shadow color along the base of your lids and applying a darker shade in an arc-shape along the crease of the lid. The brow bone should also be coated in a lighter shade. This technique shadows the lid to disguise drooping lids and give the appearance of more open eyes. Check out this video for tips and tricks.
4. Awaken eyes with strategically-placed highlighter. A good highlighter brightens up the eye area, making eyes appear more awake, vibrant and youthful. For the best effects, dot it in the inner corners of the eyes and along the brow bone. A touch of shimmery shadow can also make eyes appear larger and younger.
5. Use an eyelash curler. Curled lashes will make your eyes look wider and essentially pop. Try heating the curler with a blow dryer , heating for about five seconds to get the effect of a curling iron (make sure the curler isn’t too hot before using it). And don’t forget mascara ! Celebrity makeup artist Brett Freedman tells GoodHousekeeping.com wearing black mascara on the top lashes draws attention up while brown on the bottom keeps eyes from dragging down.
There’s something to be said about embracing your age with grace. While most of us would love to appear like we’re 25 forever, few of us would actually return to that decade. Luckily these simple beauty tips and tricks can bring us back to the days of our youth !
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!