Baking Soda Beauty Tips
Even the most seasoned beauty junkie has to admit that sometimes good old fashioned home remedies can often do the job of your favorite big brand beauty products. Some even surpass expectations while high priced potions fail. One very inexpensive food item that is a powerhouse in the powder room is …. baking soda. Here are five reasons why:
1. For your hair: Baking soda is excellent at removing product build up. Rinse your hair with a couple teaspoons of baking soda mixed in with cup of water. Use this mixture as a final clarifying rinse. You can also add it directly to your shampoo. This is especially useful since removing dead skin cells and product buildup from your scalp can actually help your hair grow.
2. For your skin: Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! How many times have you heard that ? Baking soda is an excellent skin exfoliator. Some may think it’s fine consistency would not be effective however quite the opposite is true. Baking soda’s fine powder will get into every nook and cranny and leave a baby’s butt finish on your face … or wherever else you decide to use it. Just pour some into the palm of your hand and go for it !
3. For your feet: Embarrassing foot odor is definitely annoying. Rather than splurge on expensive odor busters simply sprinkle a little baking soda into your shoes and voila! Odors gone.
4. For your teeth: Teeth whiteners are all the trend but boy are they pricey. They can also ruin your teeth and gums if used incorrectly. Why not get the job done cheaply and safely. Baking soda not only removes stubborn tooth stains it also has anti-microbial properties which makes it a germ fighter. Go the extra mile and add some hydrogen peroxide and you have the perfect tooth brightener …. and you’ll have great gums.
5. For your nails: Great for nails! Baking soda removes even the toughest nail stains, those left behind by dark nail polish. it is also great for yellowing nails. And don’t forget to exfoliate your hands while you’re at it.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!