10 Best Makeup Secrets Revealed
Want to look like you just stepped out of a beauty salon — every day? Uncover the industry’s ten best makeup secrets – Plus one bonus tip.
Now here are ten more makeup secrets, revealed:
- Secret #1: A Fresh Face — Resist the urge to powder your face every time you refresh your makeup — the result will look cakey. Instead, use blotting papers to keep makeup intact as you remove excess moisture.
- Secret #2: Choosing a Concealer — Follow this rule of thumb when picking the right concealer for your skin’s undertones: If your skin tends to be ruddy (reddish), use a green color corrective stick; if you have a sallow (yellow) complexion, look for a concealer in shades of lilac or pink. Olive or darker skin tones need a peachy or apricot concealer.
- Secret #3: A Natural Flush — Cream blushes and cheek stains will give your face a rosy glow that looks natural. Use your fingertips to blend the product into the apples of your cheeks in a circular motion. Note that peaches and golden hues look beautiful on fairer complexions; coral shades look best on medium skin tones; and mauves and burgundies are most flattering on darker complexions.
- Secret #4: Defined Cheekbones — Use this simple contouring trick: After applying blush or bronzer to your face, lightly swipe a highlighting powder (a frosted off-white eye shadow will work!) on your cheekbones just above and below the color you’ve applied. This creates an instant face-flattering effect!
- Secret #5: Being a Bronzed Beauty — Fake a bake by sweeping golden brown bronzing powder along your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. A powder with light-reflective pigment will give an “airbrushed” glow. Just be careful not to go too dark for your natural skin tone.
- Secret #6: Subtle, Sexy Eyes — Smoky eyes aren’t for everyone. If you’re fair skinned, the look can be too much. Instead, opt for nude eye shadow (flattering on everyone!) or a pale gold on lids and gray, not black, eyeliner.
- Secret #7: Perfectly Lined Lids — Unsteady hands can make it a challenge to apply liquid eyeliner. To ensure a smooth line, apply your eyeliner by painting little dots along your lash line, as close to the lashes as possible, then connect the dots. Easy!
- Secret #8: Long, Lush Lashes — The key to lashes with tons of length and fullness is to use two types of mascara. Start with a lengthening mascara (bristles are close together to better grip lashes and spread the product from base to tip), then follow up with a thickening mascara, which has dense bristles to build volume.
- Secret #9: Fabulously Full Lips — To plump up thin lips, exfoliate once a week to stimulate blood flow. Try a lip scrub or just use a moistened toothbrush to gently slough your lips. Then apply clear gloss to the center of your bottom lips — this helps reflect the light to make your pout pop even more.
- Secret #10: Lip Color With Staying Power — If you want your lip color to last all day, apply lipstick with a lip brush, and then add a coat of translucent powder to set the color. Repeat this once or twice and you can be sure your radiant red lips won’t budge.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!